mtPaint is a painting program which can easily create pixel art and manipulate digital photos.
- Edit indexed palette or RGB images.
- Save and load BMP, GIF, JPEG, LSS, PNG, TGA, TIFF, XPM, XBM files.
- Extensive palette features - load, save, sort, edit, posterize, quantize, remove duplicate colours, remove unused colours, colour protection, palette shifting.
- Image channels: Alpha, Selection, Mask. All saved to a PNG file.
- Up to 100 layers.
- Create animations by moving layers, or shifting palettes.
- Create animated GIF's using Gifsicle.
- 81 brush presets.
- 100 brush patterns.
- User defined gradients.
- Copy and paste using rectangle or polygon shapes.
- Tools to shuffle pixels, flood fill, draw straight lines, smudge, clone, paste text, draw/fill rectangle/ellipses.
- Quickly transform image gamma, brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, posterize from a single dialog, and preview the results in real time.
- Apply various effects such as invert, greyscale, isometric transformations, edge detect, sharpen, unsharp mask, soften, Gaussian blur, emboss, bacteria.
- Use gamma correction on effects to improve the quality of various effects.
- Crop at the touch of a button.
- Resize the canvas.
- Rescale the canvas, enlarging or reducing, using several filter methods.