Wing IDE 101 is a very simple Python IDE designed for teaching beginning programmers.
If you are new to programming, check out the book Python Programming Fundamentals and accompanying screen casts, which use Wing IDE 101 to teach programming with Python.
Wing 101 provides:
- Auto-completer offers completions in Python code and in the integrated Python shell (this feature is disabled by default in Wing 101 but can be enabled in preferences)
- Source index menus in each editor provide a handy index into source code
- PEP8, Black, and YAPF reformatting
- Syntax and indentation error indicators
- Convert indents and end-of-line characters on paste
- Understands PEP 484 and 526 type hinting