Tracker is an image and video analysis package and modeling tool that is built upon the Open Source Physics Java code library.
- Manual and automated object tracking with position, velocity and acceleration overlays and data.
- Center of mass tracks.
- Interactive graphical vectors and vector sums.
- RGB line profiles at any angle, time-dependent RGB regions.
- Model Builder creates kinematic and dynamic models of point mass particles and two-body systems.
- External models animate and overlay multi-point data from separate modeling programs such as spreadsheets and Easy Java Simulations.
- Model overlays are automatically synchronized and scaled to the video for direct visual comparison with the real world.
Data generation and analysis:
- Fixed or time-varying coordinate system scale, origin and tilt.
- Multiple calibration options: tape, stick, calibration points and/or offset origin.
- Switch easily to center of mass and other reference frames.
- Data include units (SI metric units by default, settable length and mass units).
- Protractors and tape measures provide easy distance and angle measurements.
- Circle fitter tool fits circles to 3 or more points, steps or tracks.
- Define custom variables for plotting and analysis.
- Add editable text columns for comments or manually entered data.
- Data analysis tool includes powerful automatic and manual curve fitting.
- Export formatted or raw data to a delimited text file or the clipboard.
- Display measured values using custom number formats if desired.
- Integrated searchable help and diagnostics.
- Full undo/redo with multiple steps.
- Page view displays html instructions or student notes.
- Annotate videos with colored line drawings and labels.
- User preferences: GUI configuration, video engine, default language, font size, more.