A WYSIWYW editing platform with special features for scientists.
- GNU TeXmacs is a scientific editing platform designed to create beautiful technical documents.
- It provides a unified and user friendly framework for editing structured documents with different types of content: text, mathematics, graphics, interactive content, slides, etc.
- TeXmacs can be used as a graphical front-end for many systems in computer algebra, numerical analysis, statistics, etc.
- Documents can be saved in TeXmacs, Xml or Scheme format and printed as Pdf or Postscript files. Converters exist for TeX/LaTeX and Html/Mathml. Notice that TeXmacs is not based on TeX/LaTeX.
- Its rendering engine uses high-quality typesetting algorithms so as to produce professionally looking documents, which can either be printed out or presented from a laptop.
- New styles can be written by the user and new features can be added to the editor using the Scheme extension language.