medit is a programming and around-programming text editor.
Started originally as a simple built-in editor component in GGAP, it grew up to a real text editor.
- Configurable syntax highlighting.
- Configurable keyboard accelerators.
- Multiplatform - works on unix and windows.
- Plugins: can be written in C, Python, or Lua.
- Configurable tools available from the main and context menus. They can be written in Python or Lua, or it can be a shell script.
- Regular expression search/replace, grep frontend, builtin file selector, etc.