KLayout - Your Mask Layout Friend
- Fast and accurate: fast loading and drawing
- Support of GDS and OASIS file formats with automatic uncompression of zlib compatible formats
- Full support of properties
- Full 64 bit support on Linux
- Extensible and configurable to a large degree by custom Ruby or Python scripts
- Integrated development environment for Ruby and Python scripts
- Overlay capabilities: multiple layouts can be loaded into one window
- Very flexible layer configuration: many display options including choice of fill pattern and different frame and fill colors. Animation, transparency, dimming/highlighting ...
- Layer grouping: the display properties of a group of layers can be changed at once
- Advanced layer display attributes: layers can be named, they can carry additional transformations, select certain hierarchy levels or select shapes by their properties
- Copy and paste of layers attributes to other panels
- Drawing order: select the layer that is show on top
- Descend into hierarchy: show a cell embedded into it's context
- Flexible rulers: unlimited count, flexible display styles. Multiple templates can be configured, rules can be edited (move, delete, copy & paste)
- Shape and instance browsers
- Bookmarks, various zoom modes, mouse wheel support, screenshot function ...
- Undo/redo on layer properties, for rulers ...
- Save: save layout or parts (cells, layers) of it to a different format, with scaling or different database unit.
- Image overlay capabilities: image files (i.e. jpg, png, gif) can be loaded and placed at an arbitrary position in the layout.
- Marker browser: certain error report files can be loaded and a browser tool is provided.
- Global transformation to flip/rotate image
- Smart drawing functions with many options: angle constraints, grid ...
- True, in-place editing in subcells, variant building function
- Unlimited undo/redo
- Smart partial editing function to stretch shapes, move edges or vertices
- Copy and paste of shapes and whole cells, even to other layouts
- Many advanced editing functions: hierarchical operations, booleans, clip, corner rounding, sizing, alignment, layer operations ...
- Support for external libraries dynamically bound to a layout
- Parametrizable cells (PCells)
- A variety of useful utility functions: a XOR tool, a layout diff tool, a fill tool ...
- A DRC feature with a basic set of verification and layer manipulation functions
- A LVS feature
- A powerful search and replace feature with a special query language
- A technology package manager
- An add-on package manager ("Salt")