JabRef is a bibliography reference manager. The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX.
BibTeX is an application and a bibliography file format written by Oren Patashnik and Leslie Lamport for the LaTeX document preparation system.
Bibliographies generated by LaTeX and BibTeX from a BibTeX file can be formatted to suit any reference list specifications through the use of different BibTeX style files.
- Advanced BibTeX editor
- Search functions
- Classification of entries
- Import of various formats: BibTeXML, CSA, Refer/Endnote, ISI Web of Science, SilverPlatter, Medline/Pubmed (xml), Scifinder, OVID, INSPEC, Biblioscape, Sixpack, JStor and RIS
- Built-in and custom export formats: HTML, Docbook, BibTeXML, MODS, RTF, Refer/Endnote and OpenOffice.org.
- Customization of BibTeX fields
- Customization of the JabRef interface
- Integrates to your environment
- Automatic Key generation
- Search Medline, CiteseerX, Google Scholar, IEEEXplore, and arXiv
- Support for XMP Metadata in PDFs
- Plugin functionality