Freeplane is an application that supports thinking, sharing information and getting things done at work, in school and at home. The core of the software is tools for mind-mapping (also known as concept mapping or information mapping) and using mapped information.
Freeplane aims for maximum ease and speed of use. Occupying the middle ground between an editor and a diagramming tool, Freeplane allows you to add content as quickly and naturally as they would in a text editor, yet producing structured content that can be manipulated as easily as a diagram.
Freeplane supports the above application areas with the following functions:
1. Note taking with freely positionable, unconnected nodes (post-it’s)
2. Ordering ideas (nodes) into a hierarchy connected by lines (edges)
3. Classifying nodes with metadata (attributes) and style types (system styles, user defined styles, level styles)
4. Grouping nodes with visual containers (clouds) and accolade (summary node)
5. Connecting nodes with dynamic links, free lines (connectors) and labels
6. Automatically styling nodes (with a bubble, color, edge type, etc.) according to hierarchical level and content (conditional styles, automatic edge color, level styles)
7. Structuring nodes in terms of content (text, scientific formula, calculation, icon, image and hyperlink) and presentation area (core, details, notes, attributes, images and tooltip)
8. Changing views by hiding content (folding branches, filtering, roll-up of details and hiding extensions in tooltip), finding, scrolling and navigating
9. Tasking with calendar and reminders
10. Password protecting of whole map and of individual nodes with DES encryption
11. Ease of use with inline- and dialog editors, object oriented main menu, context menu’s, multi-language support, spell checker, properties panel, drag and drop functionality, hot keys, options for batch execution, publishing, sharing and selectable preferences
Unusable in this form.
Perfect planner app....everyone should use this app