Backgammon is an 2D/3D backgammon game. It can play, analyse and teach backgammon. Its evaluation engine is based on artificial neural networks. Games can be played between human players or between human player and artificial intelligence as well.
- Support for a GTK+ interface with a graphical board window. Both 2D and 3D graphics are available.
- Tournament match and money session cube handling and cubeful play. All governed by an underlying cubeless money game based neuralnet.
- Support for both 1-sided and 2-sided bearoff databases: 1-sided bearoff database for 15 checkers on the first 6 points and optional 2-sided database kept in memory. Optional larger 1-sided and 2-sided databases stored on disk.
- Automated rollouts of positions, with lookahead and race variance reduction where appropriate. Rollouts may be extended.
- Automatic and manual annotation (analysis and commentary) of games and matches.
- Record keeping of statistics of players in games and matches
- Loading and saving analyzed games and matches as .sgf files (Smart Game Format).